Saturday, December 13, 2014

Pro Choice

I don’t believe in abortion as a way to keep from having a baby just because you accidentally got pregnant. I do however think that therapeutic abortion and abortion if you were to get raped, etc, is morally permissible.  With that being said I will have to side with Pro Choice if I had to make a black or white decision.  I feel that American, being land of the free, should not be able to choose what a woman does with her body especially in life threatening or traumatic experiences.  I do feel that after 6 weeks of gestation, unless medically necessary, the choice to get an abortion should have more parameters to do so.  After viability, which is usually around 20-22 weeks, I feel an abortion can only be made if medically threatening to the mother.  Even with an abortion at viability all attempts to save the baby should be taken. Planned Parenthood can keep from many unsafe attempts of abortions from happening. They can also be a good resource for counseling and help to the mothers who feel lost or do not know what the right decision is.  In the long run, I believe it is still the woman’s choice with what she does to her body.  She is the one who has to live with her decisions for the rest of her life, not the government or any of her peers.


Sent from Windows Mail

No comments:

Post a Comment