Saturday, December 13, 2014

Cloning a lost child

I do not understand the reasoning for cloning a lost child.  I also do not agree with cloning of an entire human being.  Cloning a lung or heart for a person who needs a new one, that I find morally permissible, but an entire human I do not.  I think, though no time soon, the idea of cloning a lost loved one or child is unethical.  Even if a child is cloned there is no way of knowing that the child will have the same personality as the child the parent is trying to replace.  I believe that people have souls and that souls are unique to one person.  That is also my reasoning why I think cloning organs, except for the brain, are okay to clone to prolong a life.


Sent from Windows Mail

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you that the cloning of a human being is morally impermissible. I think its unhealthy and wrong for anyone to think that they could clone a child that they lost. Besides the fact (that you pointed out) that souls are unique to each person the "cloned" child's life would be filled with unattainable expectations. I don't think that having a child should ever be motivated by the need to replace and reproduce the child lost. The decision to have a baby should always be motivated by the desire to produce a life that is significant in its own right, so that they can grow and mature into an autonomous, unique person.

    ReplyDelete